Team NewsletterApril 2022
From Roger’s Desk
Greetings Mission Point Healthcare Services TEAM and welcome to our first installment of our monthly newsletter! As part of our efforts to better communicate with the team and to share ideas and updates, we have decided to create a monthly newsletter for all Mission Point Healthcare Services team members. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this publication. To our more than 3,000 employees (and growing), thank you for being part of the Mission Point team! As we move forward with this monthly newsletter, please let us know if there are any topics on which you want more communication or if you have news or information to share. Please email Liesel Ryan at email@example.com with ideas and topics, and we will be sure to include in the next publication.
Earlier this month we made some exciting announcements regarding changes in our organization’s leadership. To be the very best healthcare organization in the Midwest, it is important that we continue to recruit, hire and promote the very best and most talented professionals in our industry. For anyone who missed the prior email, I am pleased to announce the following leadership changes:
- Robin Miller has been promoted to our newly created role of Vice-President of Operations. In her new role, Robin will be responsible for overseeing all of our skilled nursing and assisted living operations (clinical and other operations) at all of our skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Robin moves into this role from her prior position as our Vice President of Clinical Services. Robin has worked in every aspect of long-term care and has proven herself to be true leader within our company and within the industry. I am beyond excited to see Robin’s enthusiasm and commitment to our residents and employees in her new role. For organizational purposes, our RDO’s and Administrators will now report up through Robin Miller.
- Kelly Dines has been promoted to Vice-President of Clinical Services, filling Robin’s previous role. Kelly has been serving in the role of Regional Clinical Director, overseeing several buildings on the west side and northern Michigan. Like Robin, Kelly has been a true leader within our company and within our industry. She has accomplished great things, particularly in these challenging times. Kelly will be instrumental in supporting and strengthening our nursing and clinical team, and I am very excited to have her in her new role.
- Edison Ong has joined Mission Point as our Chief Financial Officer. Edison comes to our organization with over two decades of skilled nursing and healthcare finance leadership. He is a skilled professional with great depth of knowledge. Edison was previously at Villa Healthcare, as their Director of Finance, during which he oversaw their skilled nursing operations, including their Michigan facilities. Edison’s leadership and experience in this role will be transformational. As CFO, Edison will oversee our entire finance department.
- Kushant Shah has joined Mission Point as our Director of Revenue Cycle. Kushant will be working with our finance team, billing teams and operations teams on billing, collections, revenue cycle and reimbursement related areas. Kushant started his career as a licensed physical therapist, but quickly moved into the reimbursement and finance role. He has worked in several roles in his career including CFO role and Director of Finance role. He comes to us from the Detroit Medical Center – Children’s Hospital, where he most recently served as their Director of Revenue.
- Keith Schenkel has joined Mission Point’s finance department and will be working in several roles. Keith will eventually be moving to the position of Director of Finance for our new Therapy Services Company and will be handling the accounting and financial leadership in our new ancillary services companies. Keith is currently serving as our regional controller, working closely with Edison and Laura Holly. Keith has over 15 years financial and accounting experience in healthcare. Keith comes to us from Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers, where he served as their long-time controller.
With these new hires and promotions within our company, we continue to strengthen our position in the industry and continue to grow as an organization. I am proud of the progress that we have made and the exceptional people in this organization.
I am also very excited to announce the launch our of new in-house, physical, occupational and therapy services company. We have now officially brought our therapy services in-house. With over 3,000 licensed beds, providing our own therapy and other ancillary services to our company is an important step in our growth. Andy Wagner, who joined our company a few months ago, comes to us with over two decades of healthcare and therapy management experience. Most of you have already met and interfaced with Andy. Andy is an exceptional leader. And, Andy and his team have been doing a phenomenal job with the therapy services transition. I would like to applaud Andy, and the entire Human Resources team, for the exceptional work on the therapy services transition. It has been amazing to see this grow. The therapy services team is doing an amazing job of creating, what will be, the most dynamic and resident focused therapy services platform in long-term care.
Thank you everyone for all that you do at Mission Point Healthcare Services.
Roger Mali, Owner/CEO